Help to generate and repair meshes to obtain machinable mock-ups. It is designed for the rapid prototyping of machines working with STL files as input.
CATIA - STL Rapid Prototyping 2 (STL) creates STL files in a fast and accurate way by tessellation of CAD data. It allows the import of existing STL files, the display of meshes and the analysis of their quality. The product offers advanced tools to improve the quality of meshes by removing of triangles, by hole filling or by local or global re-meshing. In addition, it allows the creation of thin offsets to obtain a watertight solid and the split and merge of meshes. The meshes can be exported as standard binary STL file for a rapid prototyping machines.
- Creation of STL files from CAD data or V5 parts
- Accurate tessellation with control of the sag value and maximum length of edges
- Import of existing STL files in binary or ASCII format
- Checking the quality of existing meshes
- Advanced tools to repair and optimize meshes
- Export of standard binary STL file
Product Key Customer Benefits
- Accurate Tessellation: CATIA V5 - STL Rapid Prototyping 2 (STL) allows to tessellate CAD data with control of the sag value and the maximum length of edges. Obtaining best quality meshes reduces drastically the process duration.
- STL Import: Existing STL files in binary or ACSII format can be imported. The user can view, check, repair and optimize the imported meshes.
- Checking Mesh Quality: Various display options allow the user to apply flat or smooth shading of meshes or to visualize their free edges and/or their non-manifold edges.
- Optimization of Meshes: STL enables the user to fix mesh defects by filling holes, to remove triangles or to reorganize triangles in order to redesign sharp edges or fillets in order to respect the geometrical shape. STL also allows the splitting and merging of meshes.
- Local and Global Re-mesh: The user can improve the quality of meshes by re-meshing an existing mesh completely or partially. The top of the range 3D mesher offers the best respect of the forms (topology, sharp edge, without holes).
- Thin Offset Creation: STL supports a fast and easy creation of a thin offset of a mesh with the availability to obtain a watertight solid. This functionality allows to generate machinable mock-ups from surface geometry.
- STL Export: STL output can be exported in standard binary format in order to feed rapid prototyping machines.