Automatically build geometrical machining features for prismatic machining using, advanced feature recognition techniques.
CATIA - Prismatic Machining Preparation Assistant (MPA) delivers functions to prepare a design part for prismatic machining through geometrical machining features recognition.
CATIA - Prismatic Machining Preparation Assistant (MPA) helps the NC programmer to make the link between design and manufacturing. It provides a set of functions that generate all prismatic geometrical machining features of the design part to be machined. Therefore it builds a real manufacturing view of the design Part with all the drilling and milling features to be machined. Thanks to its Machining Features Recognition imbedded technology, CATIA - Prismatic Machining Preparation Assistant (MPA) allows Geometrical Machining Features creation with all kinds of CATIA Design Parts, even those with no Design Feature specifications.
CATIA - Prismatic Machining Preparation Assistant (MPA) is totally integrated with CATIA - Prismatic Machining (PMG) product. It dramatically reduces programming times by automatically building up all geometric areas that must be machined with prismatic machining operations, decreasing time spent in geometry selections. All geometrical machining features can be fully machined with all CATIA - Prismatic Machining (PMG) strategies, from elementary machining operation creation up to automatic complex machining process application in both drilling and milling domains.
- Automatically creates all prismatic geometrical machining features of a design part for milling and drilling machining.
- Locally creates a prismatic geometrical machining feature of a design part for milling and drilling machining.
- Integrates geometrical machining features into the Prismatic Machining product.
- Manages the recognition of machining features in the manufacturing view (presentation, editing, highlighting)
Product Key Customer Benefits
- Automatically creates all prismatic geometrical machining features of a design part for milling and drilling machining: The user can automatically generate all prismatic geometrical machining features that have to be machined from a given design part. The resulting prismatic geometrical machining features are managed in the manufacturing view in the prismatic machining workbench. All CATIA standard holes and milling features such as pockets, steps and cutouts are supported and can be recognized. If required, the user can easily choose feature types to be recognized.
- Locally creates a prismatic geometrical machining feature of a design part for milling and drilling machining: The user can locally create a particular geometrical machining feature on a specific area of the design part. Thanks to local feature recognition techniques, the user only has to select faces on the skin of a design part, and the system creates the feature automatically. All CATIA standard holes and milling features, such as pockets, steps and cutouts, can be individually created.
- Geometrical machining features integration in prismatic machining product: All generated geometrical machining features are fully integrated in the Prismatic Machining product. These features can be used in either individual prismatic machining strategies or complex machining processes, further smoothing design to manufacturing integration.
- Management of recognized machining features in the manufacturing view (presentation,editing, highlighting): All recognized geometrical machining features are presented in the manufacturing view of the design part to be machined by the CATIA Prismatic Machining product. Therefore, the manufacturing view presents the tree of machining references features to be machined: the "TO DO LIST". Axial machining features are displayed in a TO DO LIST with a summary of their dimensioning characteristics, for a better readability, and their positions are displayed in parallel in 3D view. Also, Milling features referenced surfaces are highlighted in 3D view.