Easily define NC programs dedicated to machining 3D parts, using 2.5-axis milling and drilling operations.
CATIA - Prismatic Machining 1 (PG1) easily defines drilling and 2.5-axis milling operations. Quick tool path definition is ensured thanks to an intuitive user interface based on graphic dialog boxes. Tools can be easily created and stored in tool catalogs. Entire manufacturing process is covered from tool path definition, computation and verification to NC code and shop floor documentation generation. Associativity with CATIA design parts allows efficient change management.
- Full set of 2.5 axis milling and drilling operations for accurate tool path definition
- Quick tool path definition thanks to an intuitive user interface
- Flexible management of tools stored in file-based tool catalogs
- Quick tool path verification with various display options
- Associativity with CATIA design parts for efficient change management.
Product Key Customer Benefits
- Accurate tool path definition for drilling and 2.5-axis milling: The user can elaborate a large range of machining operations for tool path definition like pocketing, facing and contouring operations. These operations can be defined as multi-level and multi-pass operations. Moreover, point-to-point positioning operation is available, as well as 17 axial operations from standard drilling to more complex boring and chamfering operations. Finally, the user takes advantage of 3-axis to 5-axis NC machines, including 3-axis machines equipped with rotary table.
- Quick tool path definition thanks to an intuitive user interface: The user defines machining operations quickly using intuitive graphic dialog boxes. "Traffic lights" indicate if there are still parameters to be defined in order to complete the operation. Help icons assist the user for each parameter of the operation: when clicking on these help icons, an image describing the parameter pops up in the panel. Moreover, the user takes advantage of copy/paste facilities for organizing program using specification tree. Finally, tool changes and machine rotations are automatically generated and can be visualized in the machining operation definition panel.
- Flexible management of tools and tool catalogs: Tools can be stored into file-based tool catalogs and retrieved using simple or complex queries. Tool assemblies (tools and tool holders) are supported so that the user can define the characteristics of the tool visualization.
- Quick verification of tool path: Tool path replay allows generation and verification of individual operations or the complete programs. Alternative machining strategies can be tested and collision-free trajectories can be obtained.
- Seamless NC data generation: CATIA NC process is extended from tool trajectory (APT source) to NC Data generation (ISO format) thanks to an integrated postprocessor execution engine and a library of standard Post Processor (PP) samples. Moreover, the system allows the execution of Post Processors built with CATIA Version 4 Post Processor Builder product.
- Efficient change management: Integrated in the PPR data model CATIA NC offers a high level of associativity product engineering, manufacturing processes and resources. Thus, CATIA allows an high efficiency in concurrent engineering and best support of design changes or design variants and a rapid creation of programs for families of parts.