Unique environment for machine tool definition and peripheral resource (tool and pallet changers) in support of NC programming and simulation.
Machine Tool Builder easily models resources with kinematics, such as NC machines, tools, tool changers, pallet changers, and other peripheral devices for use and reuse in the entire machining process. Machine Tool Builder provides a comprehensive NC machine definition including geometry, kinematics, controller and technological information. The unique resources created with Machine Tool Builder may be saved to the DELMIA Manufacturing hub and used by process planners, NC programmers and operators to create machining process plans, validate machining setups, detail machining operations, validate and optimize tool paths, perform post processing, and emulate controllers. Machine Tool Builder can also import NC machines created in DELMIA D5 Virtual NC for use in V5 machining application.
Machine Tool Builder offers the following main functions:
- Single user interface to completely define the NC Machines including geometry, kinematics (forward & inverse) and attributes.
- Support for technological information definition as required by NC detailing.
- Ability to assign post processor and controller emulator information as required by post processing and simulation.
- Validate the defined kinematics, travel limits, tool change positions and home positions using the "Jog" functionality.
- Save machine along with all its attributes, in the Manufacturing Hub for use/reuse of this unique resource in Machining Process Planning, NC Detailing and Simulation.
- Ability to reuse D5 Virtual NC machine geometry and kinematics.
Product Key Customer Benefits
A single comprehensive machine tool description with geometry, kinematics and technological information: one definition of NC resource for use in the entire machining process including NC planning and detailing, simulation and verification, post processing and controller emulation, avoiding redundant machine tool data.
Easy validation of the defined NC machine tool, its kinematics, travel limits and home positions in the definition phase thanks to JOG capability.