Easily define NC programs dedicated to machining 3D cylindrical parts on a lathe, using 2-axis lathing and drilling operations.
CATIA - Lathe Machining 1 (LG1) easily defines 2-axis turning and drilling operations, for both horizontal and vertical lathe machines. Quick tool path definition is ensured thanks to an intuitive user interface based on graphic dialog boxes. Tools can easily be created and stored in tool catalogs. Entire manufacturing process is covered from tool path definition, computation and verification to NC code and shop floor documentation generation. Associativity with CATIA design parts allows efficient change management.
- Powerful 2-axis turning and drilling operations for accurate tool path definition.
- Flexible tool management through tool catalogs
- Quick tool path verification with various display options
- Seamless NC data generation
- Associativity with CATIA design parts for efficient change management
Product Key Customer Benefits
- Acccurate tool path definition for 2-axis turning and drilling: The user can elaborate a large range of machining operations for tool path definition including roughing, recessing, grooving, profile finishing, groove finishing and threading. CATIA - Lathe Machining 1 (LG1) manages both horizontal and vertical lathe machines. Moreover, axial operations for holes machining, from standard drilling to more complex boring and chamfering operations, are supported.
- Quick tool path definition thanks to an intuitive user interface: The user defines machining operations quickly using intuitive graphic dialog boxes. "Traffic lights" indicate if there are still parameters to be defined in order to complete the operation. Help icons assist the user for each parameter of the operation : when clicking on these help icons, an image describing the parameter pops up in the panel. Moreover, the user takes advantage of copy/paste facilities for organizing program using specification tree. Finally, tool changes and machine rotations are automatically generated and can be visualized in the machining operation definition panel.
- Flexible management of tools and tool catalogs: Tools can be stored into file-based tool catalogs and retrieved using simple or complex queries. Tool assemblies (inserts and holders) are supported so that the user can define the characteristics of the tool visualization.
- Quick verification of tool path: Tool path replay allows generation and verification of individual operations or the complete programs. Alternative machining strategies can be tested and collision-free trajectories can be obtained.
- Seamless NC data generation: CATIA NC process is extended from tool trajectory (APT source) to NC Data generation (ISO format) thanks to an integrated postprocessor execution engine and a library of standard Post Processor (PP) samples. Moreover, the system allows the execution of Post Processors built with CATIA Version 4 Post Processor Builder product.
- Efficient change management: Integrated in the PPR data model CATIA NC offers a high level of associativity product engineering, manufacturing processes and resources. Thus, CATIA allows an high efficiency in concurrent engineering and best support of design changes or design variants and a rapid creation of programs for families of part.