Define the path and space requirements for routed equipment and systems such as piping, tubing, HVAC ducts or cable trays.
CATIA - Systems Routing 1 (SRT) is a conceptual design application that enables system planners to reserve the space needed for eventual functional and detail layouts of HVAC, raceways, piping and tubing. One can reserve the proper volumes and then let other groups and suppliers further define and route their systems within the limits. Interferences are avoided and different disciplines can be free to optimize their designs knowing that their spatial needs and manufacturing and erection sequences have been taken into account. CATIA - Systems Routing 1 (SRT) product gives users the power to manage their system components from initial design to plant operations, in a way that is completely adapted to the way you work.
- Creates preliminary layout for your systems to be used for later detailed system s design
- Avoid interferences between system in detailed design phase
- Integrate knowledge rules to check parts manufacturability
- Optimize the routing for all disciplines in the conceptual design
Product Key Customer Benefits
- Facilitating Systems Routing: Two key benefits in systems routing is the reduction of interferences that occure later in the functional and detail design phases of projects. Systems Routing reserves space for critical systems early in the conceptual design phase thus recognizing that eventual machinery and equipment arrangements will also require additional space for their support systems (i.e. piping, tubing, cable ways etc.) Collaborative and interdiscipline projects like outfitting in ships or system block layouts for plants benefit by defining exclusion areas and volumes thus eliminating conflicting claims and interferences between groups or between suplliers working in the same areas. The fact that these reservations can be made very early in the design cycle makes area and volume calculations more accurately reflect what actual systems will use when designs are detailed.
- Quick Route definition using "Runs": CATIA - Systems Routing 1 (SRT) has an easy-to-use interface optimized for route definition (Edge line, directional, point-to-point, orthogonal and slope). Users can define lineal systems (i.e. piping or cable ways), logical lines or Assemblies for logically grouping the define routes (i.e. cabling). The user can then place physical components such as conveyor, ductwork, raceway, pipes or tubes on the defined route (runs). Routing is easy with mouse-based functions and user-defined grids make manoeuvrability simple and effortless.
- Design Evolution Features For Intuitive Design Progression: After completing the required route (Runs), the user can further detail his design by placing and automatically constraining physical parts (stored in catalogs) on the route. Accessing parts in the catalog is quick and intuitive (based on type, geometry, size etc.) and the designer can easily "drag and drop" a part from the catalog or the design model to another desired location on the layout.
- Parametric tools Facilitates Part Sizing: CATIA - Systems Routing 1 (SRT) provides the user with parametric parts catalogs for working with systems of conveyors, ductwork, raceways, piping and tubing. These starter catalogs allow the user to become productive immediately. The parts come already parameterized and are linked with design tables in Microsoft Excel enabling the parts to be easily sized at the time of the placement. Users can also define their own catalog part geometry (using CATIA V5 Part Design and Assembly). By adding parametric parts and tracks, the user can thus enhance the design and evolve towards a more detailed design. This "evolve" capability allows the designer to work at his own speed to progress towards a detailed design.
- Full Modification Capabilities: Beyond standard Windows commands, such as copy-and-paste, CATIA - Systems Routing 1 (SRT) provides the user with more advanced capabilities such as: Direct manipulations, Move, Rotate, Adjust, and Mirror. These functions enable the user to design more quickly and to manipulate parts more easily. The resizing of systems and lines is also simplified through the use of the Excel-linked design tables and user defined parameters that drive the selection of the proper size to fit the required design. The system can also automatically generate customized Bills of Materials to facilitate understanding of material needs.
- Functions For Spatial Object Management: Users can model the initial space claim by simply defining the geometry and size of the runs that are used to define the desired route. This allows spatial considerations to be analyzed early in the preliminary design process and to uncover potential problems early in the design cycle when they're easier, faster and less costly to correct.
- Interference Detection Capabilities: When used with CATIA DMU products, CATIA - Systems Routing 1 (SRT) lets users manage potential interference problems in complex spatial arrangements in ships and plants (i.e. petro/chemical, utility, process or manufacturing plants).