Provide a common platform for CATIA diagram applications (Piping & Instrumentation, Tubing, Waveguide, HVAC and Electrical Cabling)
CATIA - Systems Diagrams 2 (SDI) Product provides a common platform for CATIA diagram applications. This common platform encapsulates diagram functionality that is common to the various diagram applications. This common functionality is based on the concept of an intelligent diagram where appropriate design information is captured. CATIA - Systems Diagrams 2 (SDI) Product is not a stand-alone product. Specifically, this product by itself does not provide end user functionality. This product is used as a base for the:
- CATIA Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams 2 (PID)
- HVAC Diagrams 2 (HVD)
- Waveguide Diagrams 2 (WGD)
- Tubing Diagrams 2 (TUD)
- Electrical Connectivity Diagrams (2) (ELD)
These products require this product for operation. Together with Dassault s diagram offerings, the Systems Diagram Product gives users the power to manage their complete diagram design and development.
- Component placement and insertion
- Line routing and connectivity management
- Off sheet connector placement and management
- Intelligent annotation creation and management
- Intelligent diagram modification features
- Query and analysis capabilities
- Smart component build facility and catalog tools
Product Key Customer Benefits
- Component placement and insertion: Users can place components from a catalog using a highly interactive user interface. Applications can define rules that will be invoked during placement to ensure proper placement of the components. The placement facility allows placement into free space and insertion into a line. In addition to placement from a catalog, the user can use the placement facility to place new copies of existing components from their design.
- Line routing and connectivity management: Users can route lines using a highly interactive user interface. Applications can define rules that will be invoked during routing to ensure compatible connections. The routing facility provides the user with multiple routing modes including single step, horizontal/vertical, horizontal/vertical/45, and point to point routing modes.
- Off sheet connector placement and management: Users can place off or on sheet connectors to define logical connections within or across documents. Once defined, users can query these off sheets to understand the list of associated elements or documents. In addition, the user can request that an associated document be loaded by the system.
- Intelligent annotation creation and management: Users can create annotations within a diagram design. These annotations may be linked to objects within the design.
- Intelligent diagram modification features: Users are provided with a set of capabilities to effectively manage the modification of their design. Examples include a highly intuitive network stretch capability, flow direction management, connect/disconnect capabilities, and deletion with automatic line repair.
- Query and analysis capabilities: Users can perform a wide variety of queries and/or analysis against their design. Examples include querying/analyzing connectivity and flow information.
- Smart component build facility and catalog tools: The product is built around the concept of smart objects that understand their classification, property, and behavior information. In order to create and manage the required smart components, a component build facility and a catalog management facility are provided the user. Once the user has created a catalog of smart components, the user will use these catalogs as part of the component placement facility to place the components into their design.