Create and manage catalogs containing electrical components, and assist their placement according to electrical specifications.
CATIA - Electrical Library 2 (ELB) allows users to create and manage catalogs containing electrical components. This product extends mechanical parts and assemblies with electrical behaviors to define electrical components, such as connectors and equipments. These devices can be stored in catalogs in the same way as mechanical parts/assemblies. This includes electrical properties and attributes. When the components are placed from the catalog in the 3D digital mock-up, it takes into account all pre-defined mechanical constraints, this allowing a correct use/placement of the devices. Typically this product will be used together with CATIA - Electrical Harness Installation 2 (EHI) to provide the electrical designer a comprehensive 3D bundle definition.
- Create and manage an extended range of electrical components, harness supports and protections
- Definition of mechanical constraints, according to the assembly of electrical components
- Automatic and associative placement of electrical components in the 3D digital mock-up from schematic external application
- Supports customization of electrical catalogs to create these according to company standards
Product Key Customer Benefits
- Extended range of electrical devices: Users can manage the following devices: Electrical Equipment assemblies, Electrical Connector Shell assemblies, Electrical Connector, and Connector back shell. Definition of electrical devices includes features, in addition to electrical attributes.
- Integration of mechanical and electrical specifications: CATIA Electrical Library allows users to predefine how electrical devices will be assembled when they are connected, such as predefining matting connector assemblies. It is possible to define a connection point to link a bundle segment, another connector, a contact, a filler plug, a bundle segment, a cavity, or a Connector back shell.
- Direct and associative placement of electrical devices from the catalog into the 3D mock-up: Placement takes into account all pre-defined mechanical constraints. Smart drag-and-drop features for placement from catalog.
- Generation of electrical wire references in the catalog: Using a batch program, users can generate a catalog with all wire references from a CSV file.
- Definition of harness supports: To facilitate 3D harness installation, users can specify in the catalog how the support part will constrain the harness.
- Placement of electrical component driven by functional specifications: Users can select a functional device imported from EFD for placement in the 3D mock-up. The list of physical devices available in the catalog is filtered according to the pre-selected function. Automatic placement of all connectors of equipment is made using functional definitions.
- Automatic placement of electrical components in the 3D DMU from a 2D external application: This new capability optimizes the design process by providing the ability to propagate and streamline data from the functional diagram to the 3D detailed design. Additionally, it integrates the two design stages and ensures that the design intent is captured at the detail design phase. Users can easily maintain consistency between 2D logical schematic information and 3D representations. To manage integrity between external 2D electrical specifications and 3D design, the system is able to track any inconsistency of Part Number and proposes automatic reconciliation.
- Automatic placement of contact/filler plug devices according to the wires connected to its cavities: Smart Drag and Drop available for placement of a contact on the connector. Users can place all contacts where needed.
- Navigation within electrical catalogs
- Management of compatibility rules between electrical devices: These rules will be used for the recommendation of physical devices. For example, a list of physical devices can be defined that are compatible with battery function. This ensures the compliance of device placement with the functional design intent.
- Editing electrical properties and attributes: Properties of electrical objects can be edited using the CATIA V5 properties command. Default wire properties are: Diameter, Section, Length, Color, Bend radius and Catalog. Other properties can be added with the standard product structure.
- Customization of electrical catalogs: Electrical catalogs are flexible to allow each user to define their own catalog structure. This flexibility is provided through a user--defined map correlating electrical object types (wire) with catalog chapters.
- Link physical and functional references through V5 electrical catalog: With CATIA - Electrical System Functional Definition 2 (EFD), you can define which reference is associated with a functional device.
- Analysis of electrical links between objects