Create and manage logical designs of power distributive systems and command systems using industry standard conventions, terminology, and practices.
CATIA - Electrical Connectivity Diagrams 2 (ELD) is designed to allow customers to create and manage logical designs of power distribution and command systems using industry standard conventions, terminology and practices. In addition, captured intelligence, in the form of smart diagrams, can be reused for downstream design processes, providing additional benefits to customers' overall design processes. CATIA - Electrical Connectivity Diagrams 2 (ELD) can be used to create and manage logical 3D Plant & Ship designs, such as Atomic power plants, electrical distribution (EDF, SNCF), special machines, automation lines and robot integration.
A CAA partnership with EDSA Micro Corporation provides add-on capabilities to the schematic to satisfy quality and reliability requirements.
- Optimized symbol management using the features dictionary editor.
- Report capabilities through VB macro.
- On-line diagram and cable block diagram.
- Application objects with electrical behaviors.
- 2D/3D mapping of components.
- Zone and compartment definition.
Product Key Customer Benefits
- Customization of electrical catalogs: Electrical catalogs are flexible to allow each user to define their own catalog structure. This flexibility is provided through a user--defined map correlating electrical object types (wire) with catalog chapters.
- Cable routing and connectivity management: Users can route cables using a highly interactive user interface, including dynamic design rule checking to ensure compatible connections. The routing facility provides users with multiple routing modes, including single step, horizontal/vertical, horizontal/vertical/45 degrees, and point-to-point.
- Off-Sheet management on cable: Users can link cables through Off-Sheet to define logical connections within or across documents. Once defined, users can query off-sheets to understand the list of associated elements or documents. In addition, users can request that an associated document be loaded by the system.
- Meet quality standards and optimize propagation of information throughout the process: The product satisfies requirements for power quality and reliability. In addition, the captured intelligence can be reused for down- stream design processes, providing additional benefits to customers' overall design processes, such as 3D Plant & Ship design, atomic power plant, electrical distribution (EDF, SNCF), and special machine, automation line and robot integration.
- Extended range of dress-up options: Users get all drafting dress-up capabilities for sheet (A4, ISO, , Border).
- Productive re-arrangement: Users can add and/or manage annotations linked to electrical entity properties (modify location, etc.). They can also modify cable routes by rearranging the generated schema using the Move/Flip/Rotate component.
- Optimized symbol management: Users can change symbol appearance depending on their properties (i.e. switch status: open/close). If needed, they also can assign a symbolic representation from a symbols catalog to electrical components.
- Flexible navigation through electrical network: Users can easily navigate across the electrical network using the Connectivity/Continuity analysis tool (related object command). This tool allows management of off/on-sheets through a link to other related schemes. Users can also manage the graphical representation of a shared, bounded zone object.
- Efficient management of bounded zones: ELD contributes to the coherent exploitation of the bounded zone notion across different applications and phases. In the conceptual phase, 3D volume is defined by structure limits. During preliminary steps, the product will provide a schematic representation associated with a bounded zone. It will maintain the link between electrical equipment and bounded zones. Therefore, users are able to associate equipment with a bounded zone. Then, in subsequent preliminary steps, users will complete space reservation and reuse 3D volume representations with Plant Layout.
- Provide report capabilities via VB macro: The product allows users to produce comprehensive reports that are totally customizable. For instance, relevant information could be used during the cable installation process (wire "from-to" list is most frequently used). EDSA simulation tools are available directly from ELD to interact seamlessly with the EDSA calculation model database. Users can launch power analysis and calculation to insure power quality and reliability of the design system:
- AD/DC voltage drop calculation (for wire breaker sizing)
- AC short circuits calculation