Provide machinery and consumer goods industry with a dedicated toolset for designing and documenting their electrical systems.
CATIA - Electrical 3D Design and Documentation 1 (EC1) provides to F&A and Consumer Goods markets a powerful dedicated 3D harness design and documentation toolset. Based on functional specifications imported from schematic systems the user can easily define the electrical system in the 3D digital mockup. Out of this the user can easily generate harness manufacturing documentation. This new end-to-end product enables the user to reduce time and cost for creating its electrical system both in the DMU to avoid interferences and to create up to date manufacturing documentation.
Integration with schematic data insures that physical 3D Design is compliant with Electrical specifications and allows to automatically compute wire length in order to start manufacturing without any physical Mock Up and to generate the correct harness diameter based on the wire content of the bundle.
CATIA - Electrical 3D Design and Documentation 1 (EC1) takes full advantage of its integration within mechanical assembly, improves productivity by allowing users to automatically update Electrical wiring data. Accurate definition of the 3D Electrical systems guarantees that all installation constraints (i.e. clashes) are solved in the DMU providing huge gains as there is no more needs of Physical Mock up.
All design changes in 3D Harness are automatically propagated in documentation allowing time saving to maintain up to date documentation. Fully integrated with CATIA 2D drafting capabilities, CATIA - Electrical 3D Design and Documentation 1 (EC1) allows user to generate a dedicated representation of electrical components in 2D.
The provided functionality and the integrated concept of Electrical 3D Design and Documentation 1 (EC1) makes it a dedicated toolset for the Consumer Goods and F&A industries providing the right tools for their specific electrical requirements.
- Link with wiring schematics for design and documentation
- Reduces the time and increases quality for wire harness packaging and documentation
- Delivers an integrated end to end 3D wire harness packaging and documentation solution
- Provides a process oriented solution for F&A and CG customers
- Integration with Interactive Drafting 1 (ID1) and Generative Drafting for documentation purpose
Product Key Customer Benefits
- Link with Wiring schematic for design and documentation ... Data exchange with electrical wiring CAD system through XML data format. Ability to use Electrical schematic diagram application competitive in each industry and location (vs generic electrical diagram from competitors not adapted to customer need, library of symbol for example).
- Reduce the time and increase quality for wire harness packaging and documentation ... An optimal management of design changes (components and wires) allows time reduction and quality insurance during the entire product and packaging documentation process. Engineering changes from schematic data can be imported in the 3D Design and then automatically transferred to the documentation.
- Deliver an integrated and end to end 3D wire harness packaging and documentation solution ...All in one workbench : definition of electrical component catalogs, interface with wiring schematic, 3D Harness Routing, automatic wire length computation, generative and associative documentation.
- Provide a process oriented solution for F&A and CG customers ...(heavy machinery, white goods). By allowing virtual definition and documentation of electrical systems, EC1 allows customers to reduce lifecycle management time and design/production costs. CATIA - Electrical 3D Design and Documentation 1 (EC1) benefits from CATIA V5 : easy to learn and offers a very intuitive and productive way.
- Integration with Interactive Drafting 1 (ID1) and Generative Drafting for documentation purpose... Users can easily generate a dedicated representation of electrical components in 2D to take benefit of the entire integration of drafting capabilities. User can define and manage relevant wire annotations and dimensions to create full reports for documentation.</td>