CAA - Source Code Manager (SCM) enables IT organization and software companies to manage and streamline all coding sources related information throughout the application development lifecycle.
CAA - Source Code Manager (SCM) introduces a software configuration management tool to support CAA V5 application development. Information Technology departments and software companies are provided with organizational and control tools to facilitate the management of coding source for teamwork on Windows and UNIX through a permanent, secure data repository for source components.
- Optimize workspace management
- Delivers collaborative and integrated code distribution
- Integrates with C++ and JAVA Dashboard
- Enables high-return concurrent development
- Version and configuration control
- Multi-platform workspace management
- File version viewer
- Import of change between workspace (management of cycle between workspace)
- Windows 2000 support
- Multi-site support
- Windows XP support for build-time
- Inter-site commands
- Custom checker library
- Transparent routing through different hosts
- New version of merge tool
- Support for user defined user id and password for database connection
- Additional capabilities in the following commands: adl_ds_chg, adl_ds_promote, adl_forget_chg
- Support for Windows XP (Client & Server)
- New User Interface that integrates all visual tools in a single frame.Integrated commands or tools are:
- Change history
- Intersite history
- Workspace history
- Delete command extension:
- Delete command for a workspace extends removal to all of its children workspaces recursively but certified workspaces.
- Workspace history inspection for:
- Data flow consulting (promote, synchronization, collect)
- Local modification tasks consulting (collect, promote and synchronize data)
- Edit or project modified file
- DB2 V8 certification (client and server)
- Oracle 9.2 certification (client and server)
- Ability to change ownership of one person to another for all objects within a workspace
- Capability to associate responsible to every type of object. Up to now, only framework, module and data took benefit of this feature. This has been extended to directories (such as localInterfaces) and files objects.
- Improve Merger difference identification algorithm. Improve highlighting of change when comparing reference and target code.
Product Key Customer Benefits
- Optimizes Workspace management: To developers so they are always provided with the up to date set of code components they need to perform their development task. Their workspace image is disconnected from other developer team members, allowing them to modify securely their components without any impact in the development project.
- Delivers collaborative and integrated code distribution: To simplify the process of code re-unification, synchronization mechanisms provide fast and secure methods to consolidate code components. Thanks to workspace integration and hierarchical workspace organization, coherency of each delivery is always guaranteed, ensuring a better integrity at each levels of the development project.
- Integrates with C++ and JAVA Dashboard: To enhance productivity for developers. From their dashboard, they access all code management tasks through toolbar menu. They can directly and rapidly perform check-in, checkout, code promotion and more on their development environment. In addition, a new graphical workbench provides SCM user with the access of all visual commands available on both UNIX and Windows platform.
- Enables high-return concurrent development: On a same workspace, simultaneous content changes are resolved thanks to the graphic merger, including conflict management and workflow management tools. This ensures a strong integrity between code components. This capability is widened across different development sites, thus reinforcing the concurrent development.
- Version and configuration control: To track changes to every source files, to every directory and components in a transparent manner for the developer. Configuration control offers the best way to keep track of any workspace version, and get access to any previous configuration.
- Multi-platform workspace management: Collaborative and distributed work is not only done through developers teams, but also across UNIX and Windows platform. Thus allowing IT organizations to rationally spread out their development seats across their installed based. This also concurs to a better serviceability and quality for those delivering their final applications on both platforms.
- Scales from small teamwork to large development organization: Single and centralized repository provides the right resources for small teamwork members. Support for large development organizations is provided thanks to the multi-base capability. This enables the distribution of the code source management repository over a LAN (Local Area Network) and a WAN (Wide Area Network). Increase application delivery by supporting a large number of parallel developments.