CATIA Mechanical Surface Refinement 2 (SRF) complements CATIA Generative Shape Design, to deliver advanced Curve and Surface Modeling capabilities.
Transport & Mobility Design used to focus on exterior styling and visual quality, with the mission to create the perfect visual buying experience. Now, market trends demand that the visual buying experience should no longer be limited to exterior styling.
More traditional mechanical shapes & components (door openings, engine covers …), briefly seen by the customer, are expected to reach the highest visual quality throughout the design process.
In support of these increasing demands, CATIA Mechanical Surface Refinement 2 (SRF) complements CATIA Generative Shape Design, to deliver advanced Curve and Surface Modeling capabilities, enabling Mechanical Engineers to work within surfacing design domains, higher quality results normally attributed to the Class A surfacing.
- Feature Free Form Modeling
- Curve or Surface Matching up to G3 Continuity
- Advanced Curve and Surface Creation tools
- Feature Based Approximation
- G3 Continuity
- Highlights Analysis
- I/O ICEM DB (ICEM Surf) data models
Product Key Customer Benefits
- Extend your design possibilities by achieving Class A Surface Quality on Mechanical shapes
- Ensure adherence to the initial design intent and any manufacturing constraints
- Extend your workflow productivity
- Leverage knowledge and experience of proven technologies
- Combine easily freeform with feature based operations