Date: Tuesday, 12 March 2013
Time: 10:30 – 16:00
Location: Dassault Systèmes, Riley Court Suite 9, Milburn Hill Road, Coventry CV4 7HP
On behalf of Intrinsys Ltd and Dassault Systèmes, we are pleased to provide you with this unique opportunity to attend this free one-day seminar: Solving Contact Problems in Abaqus.
Don't miss the opportunity to attend this free one day seminar presented by SIMULIA and Intrinsys technical specialists. By attending this seminar you will gain insight into Abaqus solutions for solving contact problems and much more!
Understanding the interaction between bodies is essential for solving many engineering problems. Manufacturing processes, gears, bearings, seals and dynamic impact events all involve contact. Engineers have developed many techniques and guidelines for solving challenging contact problems. This seminar teaches participants how to setup and deal with contact problems in detail.
This seminar will review the various capabilities within Abaqus for the modelling of contact problems, application scenarios, and output & diagnostics tools. The capabilities will be illustrated through the demonstration of a number of simulation workflows.
Agenda: Solving Contact Problems in Abaqus
Morning session: 10:30am–12.30pm
- Defining Contact in an Analysis
- Numerical Methods for Contact
- Contact Output and Diagnostics Tools (start)
Lunch: 12.30pm–13.30pm free buffet & networking opportunity
Afternoon session: 13.30pm–16:00pm
- Contact Output and Diagnostics Tools (finish)
- Convergence Topics
- (15-minute coffee break)
- Contact in Abaqus/Explicit
- More Features
Who is it for?
- New users who wants to explore Abaqus FEA engineering simulation with a focus on contact problems and network with other FEA users from a variety of industries.
- Experienced Abaqus users who want to develop their skill in particular how to deal with contact problems and network with other FEA users from a variety of industries.
Delivery will be by experienced Intrinsys and Dassault Systèmes engineers. Content will include:
- Presentation and case studies
- Examples/live demos
- Exploring feature details and offer guidance
- Tips and tricks
- Discussion and networking