Tuesday 7th April 2015, 7.00pm (BST) | Register Now
Delivered by engineering.com, this webinar will show how new technology can help your design engineers find the parts they need through a combination of 3D search, keyword search, and metadata search in a single consolidated environment.
It's no secret that reusing existing part models can:
- Lead to savings of £5K to £20K per part
- Improve engineering capacity by 20-100 hours per part
- Decrease risk and increase quality
Sadly, engineers often redesign new parts instead of reusing existing ones because they are so hard to find:
- Information is found in multiple formats in hard-to-reach silos (PLM, PDM, file systems...)
- PLM & ERP required resources are not built for collaboration and reuse
This webinar is sponsored by Dassault Systèmes, with guest speaker Ghassan Sultan from Intrinsys/Integral Powertrain.
About the speakers:
Ghassan Sultan is the Operations Manager at engineering consultancy Integral Powertrain. He has a PhD in Measurement & Control – Fluid Mechnaics from Cranfield University. In this webinar, Ghassan will share his experience on how product development teams can derive value from reusing existing part model data
Morgan Zimmermann is the CEO of EXALEAD, a company that uses disruptive web technology to transform data into useful information. He will explain how leading industrial companies are demanding and benefiting from innovative reuse technologies.