Continuously Enriching V5PLM and Extending its Reach
Dassault Systèmes today announced the availability of its PLM portfolio Version 5 Release 19, comprised of the CATIA, DELMIA, SIMULIA, ENOVIA and 3DVIA brands. V5R19 offers increased engineering excellence, expanding PLM deeper into production cycles, accelerating PLM adoption for mid-size companies, broadening IP lifecycle management and further integrating within the enterprise ecosystem.
“This release shows our continuous commitment to further developing V5. It includes massive technology enhancements across the full spectrum of our solutions,” says Dominique Florack, senior executive vice president, Products - R&D, Dassault Systèmes. “V5R19 also significantly extends V5’s reach. For example, the extension of DELMIA into the production domain through our partnership with Rockwell Automation provides a unique integration between virtual product design and controls engineering. V5R19 represents a new step towards connecting traditional V5 IP creators with PLM 2.0 communities.”
Alfred Katzenbach, director of engineering-IT for Mercedes Benz and member of the ProStep iVIP Association board: “CATIA V5 R19 offers all German OEMs and Suppliers the opportunity to align on the same CATIA V5 release. This simplifies the way of collaboration and data exchange. New functionalities for the 3D Master processes allow a future-oriented paperless design process especially in Powertrain.”
V5R19 drives higher engineering excellence:
- In-context CATIA Composite Design: For optimizing the definition of large composites parts in context of mating sub-structures such as spars, ribs, and stringers, as well as the definition of plies in small parts or re-engineered metal parts.
- Shorten Industrialization phase with CATIA:
- New automatic filleting on surfaces: For preparing the manufacturing of plastic and molded parts in one operation.
- Wall thickness analysis: For reviewing the manufacturability of casting, forging and injection molding processes.
- Label Painting for plastic part design: For easy label creation and placement critical to the high tech and consumer goods industries.
- New simulation capabilities: For improved meshing of thin sections and new frictional contact feature with CATIA Analysis.
- Better deployment of integrated design/analysis solutions: For advanced Abaqus non linear analysis made available directly in CATIA.
- CATIA Terrain Modeling