Manufacturing & Simulation Innovation: Design Faster, Simpler, Better
Thursday 8th October 2015 | MTC, Coventry | Register Now
Date: Thursday 8th October 2015
Time: 09:30 – 17:00 (Refreshments & lunch provided)
Location: The Manufacturing Technology Centre (MTC), Ansty Park, Coventry, CV7 9JU United Kingdom
Dassault Systèmes' 3DEXPERIENCE Platform is probably the most exciting technology to impact manufacturing, delivering a holistic PLM engineering environment.
Join the MTC and Intrinsys at this free one-day event, to explore the very latest capabilities of the software within an interactive forum at the new MTC conference facility. With prestigious key note presentations from leading manufacturers and live workshop/demonstration sessions, you’ll have the opportunity to discover ‘first hand’ how to streamline manufacturing through lifelike virtual simulation as part of an engineering-wide learning and innovation system.
During the morning sessions, the conference presentations will expose the numerical modelling capability applied to cutting edge technologies, to drive them one step further along the path of research, innovation and lean manufacture. It is an ideal opportunity for engineers in the manufacturing sector to:
- Learn how to use the most advanced software applications for the modelling of streamlined manufacturing processes, design optimisation, and parametric analysis; with Dassault Systèmes' 3DEXPERIENCE Platform, featuring SIMULIA and DELMIA.
- Become familiar with the latest industrial applications of advanced software packages to simulate component and material behaviour at the leading edge of technology.
- Engage in network discussions for the purpose of either exchanging valuable modelling knowledge or establishing targeted research consortia.
The afternoon will be split into two breakout sessions, where attendees will be given the flexibility to choose their own agenda:
- Option 1: Take a guided tour of the MTC during session 1, then during session 2 join the Technical Workshop, choosing 2 of the 4 tables:
- Table 1: Design & Simulation
- Table 2: Digital Manufacturing - NC Machining & Robotics
- Table 3: 3D CAD Ergonomics
- Table 4: Multi-body Simulations - Mechanical & Mechatronic Systems
- Option 2: Join 2 of the 4 technical workshop tables during session 1, then for session 2 take a guided tour of the MTC.
- Option 3: Spend the afternoon getting to know the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform in depth, taking all 4 of the technical workshop sessions.
Agenda | View the Full Agenda
|09:30||Arrival / Refreshments|
|10:00||Introduction by Intrinsys|
|10:10||First Keynote Speaker Presentation||"The Importance of Simulation to Manufacturing Technology Adoption" Ken Young, MTC|
|10:30||Second Keynote Speaker Presentation||"Integrated Computational Materials Engineering – A New Approach to Design and Manufacture" Jeff Brooks, Birmingham University|
|10:50||Third Keynote Speaker Presentation||"Visualisation & Virtual Reality - Exploitable Opportunities" Tim Williams-Wood, Rolls Royce|
|11:25||First Technical Session, presented by Intrinsys||
|13:45||Second Technical Session, presented by MTC||Residual Stresses Induced by Fusion Welding in 3D Geometries
Deformation Prediction of HIP Components
Prediction of Distortion for Shaped Metal Deposition
|14:30||Breakout Session 1||
Tour of the MTC, or Technical Workshop Sessions:
|15:45||Breakout Session 2||Continue/join breakout session or join 2nd tour of MTC|