The MAC Address, also known as the Physical Address, of a computer is derived from a network adaptor. Most machines today have multiple network adapters; Ethernet (LAN), Wireless & Bluetooth. All three will have their own MAC address to identify them which is unique for that single physical product. Some servers may also host multiple Ethernet adapters for performance and/or redundancy. Some licences require the MAC address in order to create a licence based on a unique reference. This is the case for FLEX LM (NET) licences.
How to obtain your Target ID
- Download the MAC Address extraction tool
- Browse to the directory where the extraction tool has been downloaded.
- Right click on the .zip file and select Extract All...
- Place the files on the user’s desktop and select Show extracted files when complete before selecting Extract.
- The extracted folder will contain two files. Please open MAC-ID.cmd
- This will have generated a Text file called MAC-ID.txt on the local desktop. Please send this file to firstname.lastname@example.org.