An IBM Licence Use Management (LUM) tool is used to supply CATIA V5 with a licence. It is compatible with supplying CATIA V5 R18, R19, R20, R21 and R22. The licence itself can be CONCURRENT (server based) or NODELOCKED (local machine based). The licence file is generated using a unique key called the Target ID, which is derived from the MAC address of the physical network adapter. In order to obtain the Target ID, a utility can be run. The Target ID must be provided when applying for a new licence and must be of the machine that the licence will be issued for.
How to obtain your Target ID
- Download the LUM Target ID extraction tool
- Browse to the directory where the extraction tool has been downloaded.
- Right click on the .zip file and select Extract All...
- Place the files on the user’s desktop and select Show extracted files when complete before selecting Extract.
- The extracted folder will contain two files. Please open LUM-TargetID.cmd
- This will have generated a Text file called LUM-TargetID.txt on the local desktop. Please send this file to firstname.lastname@example.org.